The NESD Celtic Faire and Games is a family-friendly festival based in Aberdeen, South Dakota, and is held at Richmond Lake the third weekend in September. This annual event provides an exciting opportunity for all individuals who have any interest in Celtic heritage, history, arts, sports, dance, music, food, merchandise, livestock and dog breeds. Everyone is welcome to attend no matter what their heritage.
We are excited to bring you the Northeastern South Dakota Celtic Faire and Games, on the third Saturday of every September.
Some activities and entertainment that are provided are as follows (but not limited to):
- Vendors with a vast array of merchandise and food for sale
- Bagpipers of both the Scottish and Irish styles
- Scottish and Irish dancers
- Traditional and modern Celtic music
- Scottish Highland Heavy Games
- Children’s activities and Highland Games
- Numerous Celtic-themed demonstrations
- Dog Parade with “Celtic Dog Pat & Chat”